Tesla Powerwall 1 was launched earlier in 2016 and kick-started the home energy storage industry in Australia. It created an awareness that home energy storage is now a reality. The Powerwall is a home battery that charges during the day using electricity generated from solar panels. It powers your home in the evening when the sun is not shining or when electricity rates are higher.
On 29th October 2016, Tesla announced that Powerwall 2 was on its way. Looking at the specifications and Tesla claims, Powerwall 2 is a very exciting advancement indeed. Of most interest to us at MODE homes is that Powerwall 2 makes power self-sufficiency a cost-effective reality. So now you have a perfectly reasonable alternative to connecting your weekender to the grid or to paying for those power lines to reach your rural property.
Below is a list of seven reasons why Powerwall 2 is worth a look.
1) Capacity – Powerwall 2 features more than twice the energy storage capacity of the original version with 13.5kWh capacity.
2) Designed to go off-grid and to scale up – Combine solar and one or more Powerwall 2’s to power your home independently from the grid. Up to nine units can be joined and stacked to power homes of any size
3) All-in-one – Powerwall uses an internal inverter to convert DC energy to the AC energy required for your home, lowering cost and complexity. A separate inverter is not required! Compact and simple to install, Powerwall is a completely automated system that requires no maintenance.
4) Always Connected – Monitor your solar energy use in real-time from your computer or hand-held device and receive alerts when Powerwall 2 is preparing for cloudy or severe weather.
5) Long Life – A liquid thermal control system regulates Powerwall’s internal temperature to maximize battery performance in any climate.
6) Easy, Safe and No Maintenance – Powerwall 2’s lithium ion battery uses Tesla’s proven automotive battery technology to power– and requires no maintenance! The system is “touch-safe”, with no live wires or bulky vents.
7) Durable and Stylish Design – We think that Powerwall 2’s simple and compact design is a perfect fit for MODE homes, and it’s durable as well. The enclosure is rated for outdoor as well as indoor installations and can handle whatever Australian conditions throw at it. The enclosure is water resistant and dustproof.
For more technical information please click here for Tesla Powerwall 2 Specifications
To learn more about MODE’s Tesla deals please click here